Portobello Pizza East 310 PORTOBELLO ROAD, LONDON W10 5TA, +44 (0)20 8969 4500
PE says: "Pizza East Portobello is spread over two floors of a restored Georgian pub in the middle of Portobello Market. It serves wood oven pizzas, antipasti and daily specials in buzzing, modern surroundings. Upstairs, a laid-back dining room and terrace provide a little green haven." Of note:
- Asking for the terrace in the summer can be lovely and cosy
- Unless super busy they generally have a spare walk in table and singletons and couples can sit at the bar area. In winter, the bar near the ovens are toasty.
- Has Free wi-fi
- Part of the Soho House empire, if you are a local and regular you could qualify for the special keychain.
- Nice touches on many of the dishes, like the burnt lemon condiment; the aioli is top touch and is worth asking for.
- Staff generally super friendly even while very busy.
- Used to be the Fat Badger gastropub in its last incarnation.
How good is it? The children always eat the pizzas. O loves the croquettes. The pork belly is a very generous portion, always. We come back regularly. The damage is below: